Sometimes you need to remind yourself that you were the one who carried you through the heartache. You are the one who sits with the cold body on the shower floor, and picks it up. You are the one who feeds it, who clothes it, who tucks it into bed, and you should be proud of that. Having the strength to take care of yourself when everyone around you is trying to bleed you dry, that is the strongest thing in the universe.
Actually you can do both! What a concept! That women can be intelligent as well as sexually active! And we don’t live in the goddamn 18th century and women don’t have to be pure little virgin housewives if they don’t want to! Oh my gosh!
“You can be in a relationship for two years and feel nothing; you can be in a relationship for 2 months and feel everything. Time is not a measure of quality; of infatuation, or of love.”—What my relationships have taught me. (via lozzat)
NICE THOUGHTS CHALLENGE: Once you get this you have to say 5 nice things about yourself publicly and send this to 10 of your favorite followers :)
1. I’ve experienced many unusual struggles in my life and I’ve overcome them all. Really terrible family drama, personal issues, you name it. And even with all of the turmoil I’ve experienced through childhood and into my adult life, I’m still positive and optimistic. I’m not bitter or cynical because of these struggles, I am better because of them. I am very proud of that fact. It drives me crazy when people who have experienced so few amounts of hardship find a reason to be negative about so many things.
2. I have awesome hair and it is all natural.
3. I have an awesome butt (and it is all natural).
4. Not to toot my own horn (toot toot), but I like to think I am a very strong vocalist. However, I have very little training. I mean, I have a lot of experience because I am frequently cast in musicals, but I’ve only spent a few months in my life having actual lessons. I have an excellent ear and can harmonize to pretty much anything. Singing and music is just sort of a natural talent of mine. :)
5. I’m curvy and (mostly) very cool with that. #bodylove #shameless
To all my friends out there who are stressing about having single syndrome(yeah I see y’all haha✊) know this, cuddle season is right around the corner! Our time is coming. Prepare your blankets and lip balm, we ride at dawn.
I literally had a dream that I pinned a bunch of awesome shit on Pinterest but then I realized that I didn’t select which boards to put them in… WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS MEAN??? THAT I HAVE ALL MY SHIT TOGETHER BUT I HAVEN’T COMPARTMENTALIZED IT YET???
How fucked up is the entire concept of The Parent Trap? These parents have twins but want a divorce so they decide their best course of action is to just each take one and never speak to each other again.
“If someone were to die at the age of 63 after a lifelong battle with MS or Sickle Cell, we’d all say they were a “fighter” or an “inspiration.” But when someone dies after a lifelong battle with severe mental illness and drug addiction, we say it was a tragedy and tell everyone “don’t be like him, please seek help.” That’s bullshit. Robin Williams sought help his entire life. He saw a psychiatrist. He quit drinking. He went to rehab. He did this for decades. That’s HOW he made it to 63. For some people, 63 is a fucking miracle. I know several people who didn’t make it past 23 and I’d do anything to have 40 more years with them.”—